Thursday, March 29, 2012

FOXNews.com: Does Google think you're boring?

FOXNews.com
FOX News Network - We Report. You Decide. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Does Google think you're boring?
Mar 29th 2012, 16:00

Google introduced a little tool called Account Activity on Wednesday to tell you what you've been doing online, especially at its key sites like Gmail and YouTube. (Signing up doesn't authorize Google to collect any additional information about you.)

So what have I been up to? Not much, according to the Account Activity report. 

Granted, I'm not a big Gmail user. But I search on Google constantly. My top searches were for "Amazon" and "NEX-7" (I was researching cameras), and for "62 Cooper Square" (the address of a gym I might join).

I also learned that I use a Mac and an Android phone. And lately I've logged in only from the U.S.

Oh, would that I had checked Google Maps for the route to the "Great Pyramid" near Cairo and the "Hagia Sophia" in Istanbul. What if I had Googled "yoga retreats" while in Costa Rica?

I searched for Chase, my bank — but not for "steeplechase" horse racing in Great Britain.

I got a report from YouTube, as well. And that was interesting. My most popular video (a decent 5,467 views) was of my friend Eric Molinsky, an accomplished illustrator, sketching on the first iPad about two hours after it came out.

So, maybe I'm not that interesting on Google. But my pals are.

Copyright 2012 TechNewsDaily, a TechMediaNetwork company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.